Saturday, February 23, 2013

Typewriter Movie Screenings

Gary Nicholson gave me the heads-up that the documentary The Typewriter (In the 21st Century) is getting U.S. screening dates settled. There's a new page on their web site listing dates and places and the promise of more news to come. Don't miss it!

More than a few Typospherical Celebrities were interviewed for the film -- as well as me. How does the insurgency address cinematic outings? Sit in the back row and type? Leave handmade leaflets on vacant seats? I imagine a gathering something like an "Occupy" protest, except the participants are more nattily dressed and have inky fingers and "boo" every time someone says the word "keychopper." (Boo!)

9 comments:

Rob Bowker said...

I wonder if it will ever get to the east side of the Atlantic?

Anonymous said...

Yes, please come to Europe!

Anonymous said...

Hello! We would love to screen in Europe. Bookstores, Museums, Universities,etc. If anyone can help put us in touch with one of these places we will happily work out some screenings in Europe. We just signed a distribution deal so the film will be available on VOD, Netflix, Amazon and other streaming platforms as well as DVD/Blu Ray very soon.

The distributor is also taking the film to MIPDOC which is where documentary films get picked up for TV distribution in Europe.

Thank you!

Gary Nicholson
Producer
The Typewriter (In The 21st Century)

Duffy Moon said...

Clemens: can I just say that the Michael Clemens represented in the clip I've seen in no way resembles the imaginary Michael Clemens I've known for years. Not better or worse; just different.
Which is just another version of the Novel vs. Film Adaptation mental gymnastics we all go through, from time to time.

mpclemens said...

A face for radio, that's me.

Duffy Moon said...

Not even remotely close to what I was trying to communicate. Devilish handsome fellow you are, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

More screening locations added! One in Europe so far...http://typewritermovie.com/screenings

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's just the coolest film poster. What a wonderful design! Who designed it?

mpclemens said...

@streamlinesdeluxe: Gary says...

"A guy named Grant Tatum did the initial concept and design. Chris and I then finished it ourselves."

I agree: it's classy.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive